Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saturday afternoon I had lunch at Paesano's...my mouth is still watering just thinking about it.


This was probably the highlight of my trip, believe it or not. This place was so good. I went specifically to get the Gustaio. I don't know how to describe how good this sandwich was. I loved all the other places I ate, but I will go back to Philly just for this sandwich!

This is the Gustaio before being wrapped up. Roasted lamb sausage, dried cherry mustarda (an Italian condiment that is made with fruit and mustard syrup), gorganzola, and fennel. The sun dried cherry mustarda creates a sweet and sour note that brings the whole sandwich to a new level.


I also got the Arista. Suckling pig with broccoli rabe. I ate that later. I stuffed myself that day.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are killing me here! And I just ate dinner!